Ariotek’s Terms of Service (TOS) contains information about what type of activities are and are not allowed on any part of the Ariotek (referred hereinafter as ‘Ariotek, ‘our’, ‘we’ and ‘us’) network. This policy applies to all customers (also known as ‘subscribers’) using the products and services provided by Ariotek. This policy is intended to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of both the Ariotek network and the products and services we offer to our customers. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification to this URL:
Your use of Ariotek’s products and services is conditional upon acceptance of the TOS in effect at the time of your use. You are exclusively responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the service, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the service. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in FULL termination of your account with no refund of any remaining credit.
Network and System Security and Responsibilities
It is customer’s responsibility to protect the passwords and content related to their site. Customers using shared services must, at all times, keep ALL software and scripts used on the server relating to any part of their hosting activities up to date as per the software vendors instructions. Customers are prohibited to use or permit anyone to use our services to guess passwords or to access other systems or networks without our authorization.
Unacceptable use includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
- Attacking services and servers provided by Ariotek or its customers (known as Hacking). Activities includes, but it not limited to, tricking other people into releasing their password (known as ‘Internet Scanning’, password robbery, security hole scanning, port scanning etc.
- Unauthorized accessing or using of data, systems or networks including explore, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without authorization of the system’s or network’s owner.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without permission from the system or network owner.
- Excessive use of resources caused by software installed by the customer including but not limited to RSS2Blog.
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, intentional attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Posting, transmitting, or allowing Internet access to information the customer desires to keep confidential.
- Distributing information related to the creation of and sending Internet viruses, worms, Trojan horses, pinging or denial of service attacks.
- Distribution, linking, posting, uploading and leeching of Copyrighted material i.e. mp3, torrent, wav, etc.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email/Unsolicited Commercial Email (UBE/UCE) over the Internet (also known as “Spamming“). Ariotek defined UBE/UCE as any electronic communication included but not limited to e-mail, ICQ, IRC, Instant Messenger, etc. sent to a recipient who has not agreed to receive such communication for the purpose of distributing commercial information of any kind, soliciting the purchase or sale of products or services or soliciting any transfer of funds. Such activities not only overload our network/servers but also caused disruptive service to Ariotek’s customers. We do not tolerate any kind of mass emails even ones using scripts to their own members. A bulk email in 100’s is considered very harmful to the server & to our clients. If any client is found doing this – we check our logs regularly so we know, your account will be terminated right away and again you will not be eligible for 30 day money back guarantee. Resellers are responsible for their clients. If a reseller has a person doing such a thing we suggest you take action right away before we find out because that will not be a valid reason if asked for a refund. We are very strict about spamming!
- We are very strict about other forms of Spamming as well! You MAY NOT SPAM using services such as AIM / AOL / IRC / etc. This includes spamming regularly with known bots, etc. This put loads on our server and if we find out you are spamming using such services, your account will be terminated right away without notice and you will not be eligible for 30 day Money back guarantee. We do give a warning before we proceed to termination.
- Using email tools such as catchalls will not be tolerated. If your account is receiving a high level of spam and you have a catchall setup you will be given a warning to remove the catchall. If you do not remove the catchall within 24 hours your account will be terminated. Anyone caught using a catchall or a default email address and then forwarding the results from that catchall or default email address to an external email account such as yahoomail,gmail,hotmail etc will have there account terminated without warning.
- Sending or advertising any Fraudulent, malicious, false or misleading electronic communications including, but not limiting, chain letters, pyramid schemes etc.
- Using a hosting account as a file sharing solution. Web Hosting accounts are not to be used as a means to distribute files of any size. If you want to distribute files that are too large to be emailed to clients then you will need to find and use a more appropriate file sharing solution , such as Amazon S3 or Dropbox. Any hosting account found to be using their hosting account as a file sharing solution will be suspended.
- Advertising services or sites via IRC or USENET in clear violation of the policies of the IRC channel or USENET group is also prohibited.
- Transmitting or posting any Defamatory, Harassing, Abusive or Threatening Language through Ariotek’s system or network.
- Copying, posting, transmission, re-transmission or storing material through Ariotek’s products or services, its right is protected by the Intellectual Property law is strong class=”yellow”ly prohibited included, but not limited to, Copyright, Trade Secret, Patent, Trade Mark, or any other intellectual property laws or regulations.
- Distributing or delivering Illegal Activities included, but not limited to illegal drugs, illegal gambling, obscene materials or any products or services that are prohibited under applicable legislation.
- Posting any Child Pornography over the Ariotek Network included, but not limited to, films, video or any type of presentation that show a person who is or is depicted as being under the age of 18 years old and is engaged in or is depicted as engaged in explicit sexual activity. Ariotek will fully cooperate with any criminal investigation into customer’s violation of the Child Protection Act 1984. Legal adult content is allowed.
- Using or sharing IP addresses, which were not assigned to them by Ariotek. Any server found using unofficially assigned IPs will be suspended from network access until IP overlap be corrected.
- Other Unlawful Activities included, but not limited to advertising, transmitting or making available pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards, and pirating software.
Violations of any of the above activities are strong class=”yellow”ly prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Ariotek reserves the right to investigate any incidents involving such violations and will fully cooperate with law enforcement authority if any illegal activity is suspected. Violation may also result in the immediate termination or suspension of the services you receive from Ariotek. You shall solely liable and responsible for your use of the services and any and all content that you display, upload, download or transmit through the use of our services. “Content” includes, but is not limited to, any of the followings: your e-mail, web pages, personal home pages, and domain names. It is Ariotek’s policy to terminate repeat infringers and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time and if you violate our TOS we will not refund your money! Violators of the TOS are responsible, without limitations, for the cost of labour to clean up and correct any damage done to the operation of the network and business operations supported by the network, and to respond to complaints incurred by Ariotek. Labour is categorised as emergency security breach recovery and is currently charged at £75 per hour.
When you register a .uk domain name you are also entering into a contract with Nominet and you agree to their terms and conditions. This is a separate contract to any you may have with a third party for the provision of Internet services. Please read before you register your domain name.
Domain Registration and Renewals
ALL Domain registrations and renewals are NON-REFUNDABLE. Regardless of typing errors or mistakes, if you are registering a new domain take extra care to make sure you have not made any mistakes before you pay. All domain renewals are set to auto-renew by default, if you do not want to auto-renew any domains make sure you disable this feature in your billing account or simply choose the option not to store your credit card details on file when you are purchasing the domain. A reminder of a pending auto-renewal will be sent by email for each domain shortly before any domain renewals to prevent any accidental renewals.
Resellers are NOT permitted to advertise their hosting services directly to any customers of Ariotek Limited, this includes but is not limited to, Ariotek Community forums and various Ariotek customer chat areas. Resellers are permitted to state that they are a reseller of Ariotek Limited on any media belonging to themselves.
Ariotek Limited will NOT install SSL certificates purchased from another supplier. If an SSL certificate is required they can be purchased from our website. SSL’s purchased from Ariotek Limited will include a Dedicated IP address and installation. GeoTrust and Verisign certificates are available to suit all budgets and requirements.
SSL Certificates installed free of charge as part of a hosting package WILL BE CHARGED if a refund is requested on the hosting account. The cost of the SSL certificate will be removed from the remaining hosting credit. SSL Certificates installed free as part of a hosting package will only be installed at the account holders request whenever the account holder is ready. SSL Renewals will NOT be automatically renewed when they become due, the account holder must confirm by support ticket that there is still a requirement for the SSL.
Server Monitoring Software
Server monitoring software is not encoraged on any of our servers as they can raise the load of the server and cause the issues they are ment to be monitoring. If server monitoring is required then a maximum of 1 request per 5 minutes is allowed. If server monitoring tools are found to be being used to excess or abused on any of the shared hosting servers the ports for that tool will be blocked.
FTP and File storage services can be used to store any forms of files or media that do not conflict with UK law. FTP and file storage usage is the responsibility of the user and should be monitored closely. Any accounts exceeding the allocated account bandwidth or diskspace limit will have files removed that were added last to preserve their account limits.
Ariotek Limited will automatically suspend any services relating to an account for non payment 10 days after the invoice for that subscription becomes overdue. Suspended services will be automatically reinstated 5 mins after all outstanding invoices for that service have been paid. Ariotek will NOT release any media stored on our servers on an individual account if that specific account has been suspended for non payment until all invoices related to the suspension of that account are paid. Ariotek have the right to delete any media on any services suspended for non payment after the invoice becomes more than 30 days overdue.
We do not provide backups of data stored on any shared hosting accounts. If your files are important to you then back them up. You are welcome to store backups of your site within your allocated hosting space unless you are using ‘unlimited’ diskspace in which backup storage is not allowed. If your files are damaged/defaced/hacked and you do not have a backup of your site you can request a full backup from us for a fee of £20 + VAT, if we cannot restore your site from our backup this charge will be refunded.
If your files are important to you back them up regularly and store them locally.
Unlimited diskspace and bandwidth are provided to be used for nothing other than to publish and make available your current web site and content. Unlimited Diskspace is not to be used for any form of file storage – this includes site backups.
eMail storage on hosting accounts with unlimited diskspace must not exceed 2GB.
Individual files on hosting accounts with unlimited diskspace may not exceed 200mb.
Self hosting videos or music is not allowed on hosting accounts with unlimited diskspace
Hosting accounts may be upgraded or downgraded at any time without penalty. Accounts downgraded will have any remaining credit added into their billing account. This credit can be used against any future purchases.
Web Hosting accounts can be cancelled at any time using the automated cancellation feature in the billing area of your account. No refunds for remaining days will be issued on a cancellation request unless the cancellation is made within the first 30 days of service. Before submitting a cancellation request you must make sure that you have downloaded a copy of all the media you wish to keep from your account. This includes databases, files and emails. All media, including any backups, will be deleted from our servers once a cancellation request is submitted and can not be recovered. Domain names and SSL certificates can NOT be cancelled after they have been renewed. It is the clients responsibility to make sure that none of these are set to Auto-renew.
Any chargebacks issued against Ariotek by any financial institution under instruction from an Ariotek current or previous client, will be reported and challenged as fraud, if the payment has been for services already provided, contracted by Ariotek or for any breaches of terms in these terms of service. Ariotek will also add any financial penalties imposed for the chargeback to the claim against the client/s. This will also include any fines and any additional costs caused by any change in merchant fees caused by the chargeback.
Any client issuing a chargeback against Ariotek will have all services in their account suspended until the chargeback issue has been resolved. If the chargeback is resolved in favour of the client all clients services will be deleted immediately from the servers.
Ariotek Limited will not tolerate any form of abuse aimed at or during corrispondance with Ariotek staff or any of our forum members. Any web designers or web developers working for a client of Ariotek Limited will be considered an employee of that client and will be treated as such. Please make sure any web developers or designers are aware of our zero tolerance policy towards abuse. All claims of abuse will be investigated and the clients site suspended until the matter is resolved.
Ariotek disclaims any obligation to monitor its customers and other users with respect to violations of this TOS. Ariotek has no liability or responsibility for the actions of any of its customers or other users or any content any user may post on any website.
Any complaints about a subscriber’s violation of this TOS should be sent to
Before purchasing any packages make sure you fully understand the above terms.
You specifically agree to indemnify and hold Ariotek harmless from any claims resulting from a breach of these terms, and/or use of the service, which damages another.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee:
Should you become unsatisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your account activation, Ariotek will refund 100% of your hosting fee. If you bought a domain from us, the domain fee will be non-refundable. You will be excluded from this guarantee if you or one of your clients as a reseller violates the TOS above & we are very strict about that. You must give a valid reason within limits why you want to leave and want money back. If you or your client has violated our TOS you will automatically be disqualified for a refund.
The Ecommerce package has a 12 month contract and is excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee, any customer wishing to cancel this contract will be charged a one off £30 cancellation fee to cover the cost of the SSL certificate.